As you guys may know, I’ve suffered with allergies for many years now and it’s always been a huge frustration for me, especially when it comes to the summer months. Recently I got the chance to partner with Benadryl to learn more about how to deal with allergy face, so naturally I wanted to share the things I learnt with you lovely people.
I was whisked down to London and met with the lovely makeup artist Anchal to learn some makeup tips and tricks for the allergy season. I learnt so much more than I thought I would so hopefully you guys find Anchal’s tips useful too.
- Use skincare products that include gentle ingredients, that do not cause irritation to the most sensitive areas of the skin. Also look for hydrating products as well to help any dry skin caused by irritation around the nose area.
- Superdrug Balsam Facial Tissues are enriched with a protective balm containing Aloe Vera, which is nice and soft when you have a sore, runny nose
- Contouring will instantly help with a puffy face. Use a bronzer to the hollows of the cheek and then highlight the cheekbones
- A waterproof mascara such as B.HD Lengthening Mascara is a must, especially when suffering with watery/itchy eyes
- Use a matte lipstick as it’s more long-lasting and is ideal when suffering from hay fever makeup slippage.
- A smudgy/smoked out pencil liner is an easy way to disguise swollen itchy eyes and is super quick and easy to do
- Set your makeup with powder to ensure it lasts all day.
- Keep the Superdrug Eye Mist in your bag to spray on irritated eyes at any time during the day.
- Foundation sticks are handy to keep on you as they’re quick and easy to apply on any makeup that may have rubbed off around your nose throughout the day
- End the day with a hydrating cooling sheet mask to soothe any irritations that cause a puffy, swollen face. The Yes to Cucumbers calming mask is a great go to!